
From the moment he was born, Jonathan captured my heart. I was a little nervous, since he came to us through adoption, and wondered if I would feel like his mother. I wondered if others would see me as a legitimate mother, or some sort of impostor. These apprehensions melted quickly and have never returned. Being a mother to Jonathan has affirmed to me again that love comes from God and Him alone. It was His plan all along that Jonathan would become our son. He prepared our hearts for him and poured in love for him, way before we ever knew him. That love has grown deeper each day. I can't help but marvel countless times throughout the day that God has entrusted this precious life to Jonathan and me. We pray for the ability to shepherd his heart as diligently as Christ does for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment