Sunday, June 10, 2007

Quiet Weekend at Home



Jonny is drilling this weekend so Jonathan and I have mostly stayed indoors. I needed to catch up on a lot of housework. Jonny called a little while ago and told me about a few soldiers who are having a difficult time adjusting now that they are home from Iraq. I am reminded of a quote by the late Army General George C. Marshall who said, "The soldier's heart, the soldier's spirit, the soldier's soul are everything. Unless the soldier's soul sustains him, he cannot be relied upon and will fail himself and his country in the end." It is so important for Jonny to be there for these guys and to share the hope and truth that is found in Christ. Most of the time we both feel very inadequate for the task. Yet we count it a privilege to come alongside soldiers and their family and offer support in any way, be it emotionally or spiritually. Many times, it is both.

No comments: