

Yesterday was actually your birthday. Its funny how toddlers and babies can make one nearly forget birthdays altogether! We did get away for an impromptu dinner out to celebrate. I just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me. The past two years have been filled with challenges. God has sent us little trials to prepare us for the bigger ones. I have watched you pour your life out for soldiers in need. Your capacity for empathy and compassion is larger than life. I have seen God stretch you. Sometimes I felt like you would break. Yet you always found the strength and grace to help you with each situation you faced. I have seen God develop in you a steady perseverance and quiet confidence. This fills me with peace and security. I have felt our relationship stretch and then grow deeper as well. This fills me with great joy. Now we are facing perhaps our greatest challenge so far: your upcoming year long deployment overseas. I am certain that the same God who has shown Himself sufficient for each day will once again sustain us through this time of separation. I love the man you are becoming. I love walking this journey of faith at your side. I love that Jonathan and Lizzy have you for their father. I know that the love and security you provide them is the greatest foundation for them to one day realize in our Heavenly Father as well.
I love you. Happy Birthday, Jonny!
1 comment:
happy, happy birthday, jonny!!
Post a Comment