Sunday, June 8, 2008

{Anna Kate and Sophie}

Last night we met up with our good friends Joe and Joy and their girls, Anna Kate and Sophie. We enjoyed pizza at the Marietta Pizza Company. Afterwards we strolled to the park and the little ones played on the train. Everywhere I looked, I saw pregnant women. I still feel a tiny speck of sadness in general over our infertility. The sadness is heightened when I am feeling emotional about the adoption process. I am thrilled to be adopting again. I just feel like I have been nine months pregnant in my heart for such a long, long time. And the waiting stretches on and on. My envy of the pregnant women is that they hold such a tangible link to their unborn baby. They carry their unborn baby with them everywhere. They physically can feel their baby and know they are safe. I feel like my heart is ever expanding with love for our baby, whoever they are, wherever they are. I just miss not having any kind of link to them. The void is huge.


No comments: