
Six years ago today, Jonny popped THE question to me! We drove to Marietta square for Italian, then walked across to the park after dinner. Under the softly glowing lamplight, Jonny whispered in my ear that he loved me and then asked me to be his wife. I said yes immediately, and he slipped our engagement ring on my finger. I think my eyes were shining as much as my diamond! Time has accelerated greatly since that moment. But the one thing that is as true today as then... I love my husband more than anything in the world. He is so patient and tender and affectionate with me. He loves God and His Word and seeks to lead our growing family with humility and integrity. I did not imagine six years ago that Jonny would be in seminary right now and preparing for a deployment to Afghanistan next year. I did not imagine that I would ever listen to him preach in church. I did not imagine that the depth of knowing him would grow ever so sweeter with each passing day. I did not imagine how satisfying a life with him would be. I am thankful that my life with my husband has exceeded anything I could have ever imagined. I love you, Jonny! I am so proud to be your wife. You mean the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment