Friday, August 29, 2008





Life is settling back into normal once again. I’ve unpacked all our clothes, although I am keeping the suitcases close by! It feels really good to know Elizabeth made it one more week in the womb! She is exactly 31 weeks tomorrow.

God is still raining down blessing and provision. Yesterday someone close to our family gave us $1,000 for Elizabeth’s adoption! At this time last week, we needed $11,000. Just since Tuesday alone we have received $9,000. Someone once told us, “Adoption is not about the money.” I really wanted to believe them, but I truly had to see this for myself. I have heard people say before that they would adopt, were it not for the money. I am happy to now report, money is NO EXCUSE! If you have the heart and desire, don’t let fear of money stop you. I have seen God’s provision in our adoption unlike anything ever before. Just last week, I prayed for a gift card from either Target or Wal Mart for those last few baby items that we need. Today’s mail brought a gift card to Target from friends. I had not mentioned my prayer to anyone, not even Jonny.

All these answered prayers make me stop and reflect. I am seeing God show up in a BIG way in our life. Up until last week, when we were so scared about Elizabeth, we had never sought God with such urgency. Not ever. We cried out. He showed up and came through for us. This makes me realize how little I have run to Him with utter dependency all the other days of my life. It shows me how content I am to just settle for a life that is comfortable and works for me.

I wonder what would happen in all our lives if we had the courage to totally abandon our self and pursue the things that really matter to God. Two books I have been reading explore this thought further. They are “Fields of the Fatherless” and “Red Letters” by Tom Davis.

On a different note altogether…. I am posting pictures taken at Zoo Atlanta this morning. Jonathan and I went with Angie and Addie. The weather was sunny yet cool. It was a beautiful day to be outside. We had a great time. I love the sleeping baby panda. She looks so at peace with her world.

1 comment:

angie said...

it is so amazing to watch how God is providing! very cool!

we had a blast today...the weather was just perfect. this afternoon was miserable outside, we didn't last long!