
I keep putting off making dinner today. This post is my last official act of procrastinating! Lizzy began smiling two weeks ago, and I have tried my hardest to catch it on camera. She will be smiling and cooing, showing off her cute dimples, then turn stone serious whenever I get the camera out. She feels heavier and is getting cute pudges around her thighs and wrists. Jonathan has taken to biting her hands, so we have to watch him whenever he holds her. I'm not sure where this biting thing came from. He's never done it before.
Jonny and I are looking into preschool for Jonathan for 2 mornings a week now. I think he would really enjoy the interaction with the other kids a lot. He seems pretty bored at home. When the weather is so yucky, there are not many options for outings. We have visited 2 so far and will visit 3 more over the next few days. He seems excited at the prospect of new friends and school. We hope to make a decision by next week and have him start the first or second week of February. I feel a mixture of happiness that he is growing and is ready for a little independence from me, but also sadness that I'm not going to be his whole world anymore either. But I am in need of a little break as well, especially with Jonny's deployment looming ever closer, and all the additional work this places on me.
I must go make dinner. We're having baked ziti and a salad. Jonathan is awake from his nap and calling me. Oh, we have ordered a twin mattress and box spring for his room. He is going to be in a big boy's bed really soon! I'll post pictures when it arrives.
2 comments:
She is getting so big! She is absolutely beautiful Rebekah!
Aw...your baby is gorgeous!
Sounds like you have a lot of changes coming up:-) I'll be praying for you. Big boy beds are soon to be in our future too...so we'll see how that works out:-)
Post a Comment