

It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Life with two little ones is always an adventure. I really should be doing a hundred other things right now, since they both will be waking up in minutes. But I wanted to share a few pictures.
Lizzy is still her sweet, beautiful little self. She is just over nine pounds. Yesterday she turned three months old! She is smiling and cooing at us. When she smiles, she has two perfect dimples in her cheeks. Precious. I hope to get a smile captured in a picture soon. I never have the camera handy when she is smiling.
Jonathan and I forayed into potty training this week. Big disaster. He is not ready. He really was not showing any true signs of interest but I thought I’d try anyway. It lasted from yesterday morning until noon today. I tried to make it fun, to praise him just for sitting on the potty, to let him sample all the yummy candy he could eat when he went pee pee in his little potty. I encouraged him for going in his big boy underwear, and didn’t make a big deal of all the accidents. He, however, was just really frustrated with the whole thing. When he starting throwing tantrums each time I brought him in to sit on his little potty, I said that’s enough. He was SO HAPPY to see his diapers again. He’s back to his fun loving, charming self and has not mentioned potty or pee pee ever since! Poor guy.
Jonny is back in school. I got really spoiled the last 3 weeks with him being off. He was such a huge help to me and now I miss his helping hands. But, he has only 8 weeks to go and he will be officially finished with seminary!!!!!!!! After 3 years, we are both very thankful. Our next hurdle will be getting through his upcoming deployment.
I’ll try to be more regular with posting.
Lizzy is still her sweet, beautiful little self. She is just over nine pounds. Yesterday she turned three months old! She is smiling and cooing at us. When she smiles, she has two perfect dimples in her cheeks. Precious. I hope to get a smile captured in a picture soon. I never have the camera handy when she is smiling.
Jonathan and I forayed into potty training this week. Big disaster. He is not ready. He really was not showing any true signs of interest but I thought I’d try anyway. It lasted from yesterday morning until noon today. I tried to make it fun, to praise him just for sitting on the potty, to let him sample all the yummy candy he could eat when he went pee pee in his little potty. I encouraged him for going in his big boy underwear, and didn’t make a big deal of all the accidents. He, however, was just really frustrated with the whole thing. When he starting throwing tantrums each time I brought him in to sit on his little potty, I said that’s enough. He was SO HAPPY to see his diapers again. He’s back to his fun loving, charming self and has not mentioned potty or pee pee ever since! Poor guy.
Jonny is back in school. I got really spoiled the last 3 weeks with him being off. He was such a huge help to me and now I miss his helping hands. But, he has only 8 weeks to go and he will be officially finished with seminary!!!!!!!! After 3 years, we are both very thankful. Our next hurdle will be getting through his upcoming deployment.
I’ll try to be more regular with posting.
1 comment:
aw...it was great to hear an update from you! Sorry to hear about the potty training, but that is exactly what happened to Danny and I so I totaly understand! :-)
Lizzy is as adorable as ever, it makes me really anxious to be holding Abby soon:-) Can't wait!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment