Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Down to the wire

Our last three pieces of paperwork for our homestudy are:

My labwork from my physical. Its in the mail. I expect it tomorrow.
Jonny's labwork from his physical. Its at his doctors. I am picking it up tomorrow.
Jonny's signed employment verification form. Waiting for his boss to get it back to us.

Then I will mail all this together to our social worker. She has completed a draft of our homestudy. We should be homestudy ready by the end of the month!!!! Yahoo!!!!

Then the wait begins in earnest. In my heart I am already nine months pregnant and about to erupt. I have so much love for our next baby. Not having a due date is excruciating. Not having any guarantee of another baby is excruciating. I told Jonny yesterday that this is the last domestic adoption for me. I want to go international from now on. At least after all the waiting, you know you are going to get a baby. You are a number on a list and eventually it will be your turn. For my friends who are in the midst of an international adoption, if this sounds glib, please forgive me! Just love me while I struggle through this. I know that international adoption is as much of a risk and leap of faith as domestic. Governments close adoption programs, they change the rules, and nothing is for certain with international adoptions either. Its just that I was looking through our family profile book and thinking how pitiful each page must look to a birthmom who is going through a stack of them trying to choose a family for her baby. Each page screams "Please pick me!" Adoption, no matter which way you go, is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: