Friday, April 4, 2008

Quote of the Day

"The beautiful thing about this adventure called faith is that we can count on Him never to lead us astray."

Charles (Chuck) Swindoll

Our social worker is coming over this morning for our home visit in order to complete our homestudy. All our paperwork is finished! Now we are enrolling in a few online adoptive parenting classes that is required for ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children). We are taking the class called "Let's Talk Adoption." I was really upset when I first learned of the class requirement in order to adopt. I thought, we've been adoptive parents nearly 2 years, how else can we prove ourselves capable? What more do "they" want us to do? Now I see the wisdom. This particular class helps parents face their own emotions (excitement, anxiety, fear of saying the wrong thing) in order to not be distracted from our children when they come to us with their emotions about adoption. I also learned that just because our children may not talk about their adoption, it doesn't mean they are not thinking about it. The class provides tips for bringing up adoption often in our conversations with our children. If you are an adoptive parent or know someone who might benefit from these classes, you can visit www.adoptionlearningpartners.org for more information.

No comments: