Today passed with no news other than our agency’s social worker telling me that she saw Jennifer, and Elizabeth has dropped noticeably since Friday. My heart is in my throat. I want Elizabeth to stay in the womb as long as possible. And there is also a part that wants so badly to face head on whatever is in store for us and Elizabeth. I just wish I knew when she is coming, and the outcome so I can be prepared. But there is no way to know ahead of time. Jennifer is in good spirits and feeling well. We are very thankful for this.
Tomorrow Jennifer has an appointment with her OB GYN. I am not sure what I am anticipating, but I found myself squeezing each moment of today for all it is worth. I rocked Jonathan a little longer than usual before bedtime. I savored extra moments of play with him. I spent extra time talking with Jonny about his classes, our life, and our future. I guess I was just embracing the normal things I take so for granted on a daily basis.
If I didn’t believe in a God who orchestrates every detail of our lives, I would be sick with worry. Our situation shows me yet again how we have NO control whatsoever over the outcome of life events. I am so prone to forgetting that. To exert my own feeble attempts of control. It just doesn’t work.
Now for some wonderful news! Adoption, as many of you know, is a leap of faith. We kind of plunged into this one as we do not have the funds we need in order to complete it. Some would consider this foolish. Others would say this is faith. I have moments where I think I am in both camps at once! Anyway, we have been applying to numerous adoption loan agencies who offer interest free loans for couples who are adopting but lack the resources to pay all the costs up front. We are still waiting on the outcome from 2 agencies. This afternoon, we received word that a group of Christian businessmen and women who have heard of our situation are donating $3,000 for Elizabeth’s adoption!!!!!! This is so timely too! When things are not all smooth sailing, I am prone to think we have made a wrong decision or misread the guidance of God. I feel He is showing us He is going to provide all we need to bring Elizabeth home. Please rejoice with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
praise God! i am so happy that God provided you with these funds! we are praying BIG that He will provide the rest as well :)
Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you. I will pass along your news to hubby as well so he can pray.
Post a Comment