
We’ve had quite the afternoon. Jonathan woke up from his nap today screaming. I went in and he was totally naked. What’s worse, he had pooped in his diaper before stripping and had smeared the poop all over his sheets before dumping his diaper over the crib. A glob of poop decorated the floor. His feet were absolutely covered in it. I felt like crying. I took him to the tub, where he had a total meltdown. He was so undone. Poop was embedded in the cuticles of his toes. I had to do some major scrubbing to get him totally clean. What a mess. After I finished cleaning him and had him all re-dressed, I sat down to rock him where he then sprang a diaper leak, and soaked us both. I just had to laugh at that point. I gave him a sponge bath, changed him AGAIN, and then had to change my own clothes. I had to strip his crib and wash everything. We had a big talk about never, ever taking his clothes and diaper off in the crib. I think he was so frightened by being covered in his own poop that he will never do it again. After that we both recovered and made banana muffins together in the kitchen! Who said that being a stay at home mom was boring?
2 comments:
wow...what a day!!
that is totally disgusting! i hear of kids doing that all the time...yuck! those are the days you just want to go back to bed and start fresh again the morning!!
see you in the am!
aw...what a day! I'm glad you found humor in it though:-) That would have been hard for me to do I think. haha. I'm in the potty training phase...and that's not fun!
lots of Love, Morganne;-)
Post a Comment