Tuesday, September 30, 2008

White-Knuckled Faith

Jonny’s orders did get renewed! We are very thankful to hear this even though we know it does mean a deployment in the spring. This news takes off the immediate financial pressure and we are very thankful for that. I have dear friends who have been without income for more than a year, and they are just living each day totally relying on God’s provision. I am small of faith because I feel like I’ve just had about enough of situations that cause me to cling to Christ. Doesn’t that sound terrible? Wanting ease and control over just clinging to Christ? But I am so there right now.

My pastor at my home church in Florida used to say faith was not abstract, but literally picturing Christ holding us in His hands, with us hanging on to Him with white knuckles from grasping so tightly! My knuckles hurt tonight. But there is hope and peace in our hearts.

The doctors did stop Jennifer’s contractions. I should be relieved. But I am terribly disappointed. I so thought that by this time I’d be just hours away from seeing her and maybe holding her. But God’s timing says, no, not yet. My heart says, how long, Lord?

2 comments:

McLanger said...

I'm glad to hear about Jonny's re-upping. We are still praying for you guys for patience and peace of mind! Lot's of Love, Morganne;-)

vanhook99 said...

I'm so happy about Jonny's new orders. I know that is such a relief. God is good. You will be holding that precious little girl soon. God's timing is perfect!