I went to the nursery this morning and was able to hold and care for Elizabeth until noon. It felt so wonderful to hold her! She is so tiny, just like a little baby doll. I was able to spend some time with our birth mom as well, something I am very thankful for. She was able to hold and feed Elizabeth and I got some great pictures of the two of them. She signed all the papers, and we have signed as well. Elizabeth is officilly our daughter now! Our hearts are full of the blessing of our new daughter, but there is sadness for Jennifer as well. Please pray for her peace and comfort. Adoption is all about gains and losses and doing the dance of holding them both in our hands at the same time. It is a very emotional time for us all.
I don’t have any family pictures yet. We were literally about to get a nurse to take a picture of us when Jonathan fell down and split his upper lip and bruised his gum pretty bad. We were advised to take him to the ER since it happened here in the hospital. We did and he is going to be ok. We are all just a bit tired from our morning.
Elizabeth is in the nursery until tomorrow morning, when she will be released to us. They like to keep the babies 48 hours for observation so we don’t have too much longer to wait for her. Jonny and I have access to her, but Jonny has a sore throat and hasn’t wanted to be too close just yet, to air on the side of caution. Jonathan is too little to visit the nursery, so I am getting Elizabeth all to myself! We are all at the hotel and are about to eat a bite. Then I’ll head back over to the hospital for more Elizabeth time. Hopefully I’ll have more pictures soon. Thanks for all your prayers. We are overwhelmed with the gift of our baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rebekah,
So glad to hear the update and to know that the official placement has occured. I truly know what an emotional time this is; it won't really feel real and peaceful until you are home. Enjoy every minute with that precious baby girl!
Blessings,
Teresa
Post a Comment