Friday, October 17, 2008

Family Pictures






Elizabeth had her first visitors today! My sister Laura and a friend from her work came over to welcome our little one. Jonathan enjoyed the extra attention too.

We took Elizabeth to a local pediatrician for her first well baby visit. The pediatrician was wonderful and spent a good bit of time with us. He was thorough, to say the least! Elizabeth is healthy and perfect in every way and we are very thankful for that. She has only lost 2 ounces since she was born.

Jonathan had a nap today and went to bed on time tonight. Already, he is like his old self again. The hotel did not agree with him at all. It is so wonderful to be in a home.

I gave Elizabeth her first sponge bath tonight. I love how her skin felt and smelled after I rubbed her with baby lotion. I kept trying to get a picture of her with her eyes open. Her eyes are the palest blue color. They are quite lovely. All I could get was this little squint.

We can’t express how life has suddenly become so bright again. The ups and downs leading us to Elizabeth’s birth took quite a toll. But now that she is in our arms, she was so worth all we and her birth mom went through.

3 comments:

McLanger said...

aw...what darling pictures! Elizabeth is gorgeous! I'm sure finally being able to hold your daughter is just the best feeling in the world. One I look forward to someday soon! :-)

vanhook99 said...

I am so happy for you!

Leanne said...

Rebekah, she is just beautiful. I especially love the picture of little Jonathan kissing his baby sister. Just precious! I can't wait to meet her in person!