Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Last update for today
I did get to head back to the hospital for more time with Elizabeth. She had just eaten when I got there. I had sat down with her for about five minutes when she decided to spit up all over herself. The nurse brought me a fresh onesie and blanket and wipes so I guess this was my first official act as Elizabeth's mother! It took about 15 minutes just to clean her up and re-dress her. She kept making fists with her hands and would not flex her arms so I had quite the time trying to draw her arms into the sleeves that hang nearly 2 inches off her hands anyways. I was almost sweating by the end! But it was great to be the one taking care of her. We settled in for another cuddle when she decided it was time to go to the bathroom. I changed her and it was like putting a diaper on a doll. She is just so tiny. So, I didn't get any pictures because Miss Elizabeth was doing her best to keep me busy. I had a great time and it was so hard to leave her for the night. When I stepped out of the nursery, I peeked back in the window and she was looking at me. I know she can't focus that far, but her gaze seemed to be following me. It was really sweet. Our bonding has definitely began.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am so happy you will be able to take her home with you tomorrow! i expect lots more pictures when you get settled!!
We are so excited to see her little face and see the new Razzano family as it grows and changes.
There is much to be grateful for.
Post a Comment